In addition to its use as a drip marketing and lead nurturing tool, BizConnector enables workflow automation applications through the use of business rules.
As you may know, if you have watched the video or visited this site before, BizConnector is driven by business rules that the user defines. Business rules fire and execute one or more actions when the specified conditions are true.
A recent project implemented a workflow application for a customer. The business process flowed something like this:
- Following requests from a prospect for services to be rendered (it’s an equipment rental business), a proposal document is generated and emailed to the prospect, with provision to be signed electronically (via Docusign – another Salesforce app)
- The proposal is followed by reminder emails, at regular intervals
- When the proposal document is signed, three things happen:
- 1. Any remaining reminders are suppressed
- 2. A contract document is immediately emailed, also to be electronically signed
- 3. Reminders are emailed, and automatically suppressed when the contract document is signed
- The automation for this second document is similar to the first
- A payment document can accompany the contract document, or be sent afterwards…
The workflow automation was accomplished with a ‘rule condition data connector’ built to sense when Docusign documents are signed. Using data connectors like this is a powerful way to extend the reach of business rules.
The success of this project demonstrates that workflow applications are no longer the province of large enterprises. Small businesses can implement them too, using intelligent tools like BizConnector.